How to Make a Sock Monkey
Turn two socks inside out and sew them together to make a sock monkey; you can use different socks for the body, arms, legs, face, and ears. Rockford Red Heel Socks have a distinctive red heel, making them ideal for this project.
Turn the sock right side out and stuff it with polyfill. Sew the gap between the legs closed so the stuffing doesn’t fall out. Tie a ribbon around the monkey’s neck for a really cute monkey. Download and print the template at the top of this article or glance at it to cut your second sock.
Dress your monkey in doll clothes like dresses, vests, or sweaters. Make sure you shred the paper into tiny little pieces so your friend looks even all the way through. Because you’re working on a 3D surface, it’s best to use hand tools.
How do you make a sock monkey without a sewing machine?
Turn one sock inside out and lay it flat on the table, butt (heel) up in the air. Cut up the middle of the sock from the cuff to close to the heel with your sharp scissors. Thread your needle and tie a large knot at one end of the thread.
How do you make socks without sewing animals?
- Fill your sock with stuffing, leaving the ankle area empty.
- Fold over the empty ankle and hot glue it to the back of the sock.
- Hot glue mini pom poms onto the sock to make the eyes and nose.
- Cut felt ears and hot glue them onto the head.
How do you make a no sew sock doll?
- Remove your sock.
- Place stuffing in your sock…all the way to the tip of the sock.
- Form a ball on side ‘A’ by ensuring that some of the stuffing is at that corner and then simply pushing down with your thumbs to form a ball.
How many socks do you need to make a sock monkey?
DIY: Sock Monkey (and Friend)
- Supplies: two long thick socks, needle and thread, scissors, two black buttons, polyester plush.
- Sew arms, body, legs, and ears on both socks.
- The first sock will be the body.
- Next, cut and sew the arms, tail, and ears on the other sock.
How do you make animals out of socks?
Fill the long sock with stuffing and roll it into the shell, then add the body and a cute little face, and you’re done. The body does require a little sewing, but it’s still a simple sock animal to make and one that kids will enjoy.
How do you make stuff out of socks?
There are a plethora of things you can do with those orphaned socks.
- Arm Warmers.
- Bean Bags.
- Coffee Mug Cozy.
- DIY Sock Chia Pet.
- DIY Dog Chew Toy.
- Doughnut Play Food.
What are sock monkeys made of?
A stuffed toy made from socks in the shape of a monkey is a mix of folk art and kitsch in American and Canadian cultures. The typical sock monkey is brown and white with extra long limbs, a long tail, and bright red lips.
How do you make a sock doll?
Sew the legs edges together, leaving an unsewn gap in the center to fill the doll. Draw the doll shape on the socks, one sock for the arms (left on the pic) and one sock for the body and legs (right). Cut out the shape, cutting through both layers.
How do you clean a sock monkey?
Remove the sock monkey from the pillow case and wash it in cold water on the gentle cycle with detergent made for delicates. Feel free to wash the sock monkey with other items such as towels and socks, but do not use bleach.