How to add a zipper pocket to any purse pattern
The exposed zipper can really add a nice pop of color and an interesting design feature to your bag, and it’s part of the My First Bag series of patterns and tutorials.
Watch the video
More information on how to do this can be found on the Nautical Tote Bag YouTube channel.
Step by step photos – how to add a zipper pocket
Position the lining fabric correctly on the outer fabric and pin it in place. Turn the lining fabric through the hole you just cut and out to the back.
How do you make a secret pocket?
How to Create a Simple Hidden Pocket
- Step 1: Turn the garment inside out and place a scrap piece of material behind the existing hip pocket.
- Step 2: Trace the Outline of the Pocket onto the scrap material.
- Step 3: Sew the New Pocket Over the Existing Hip Pocket.
How do you fix a bag zip at home?
How to Repair a Zipper Without Having to Replace It
- Step 1: Gather your supplies. You’ll only need a pair of pliers.
- Step 2: Remove the Stopper.
- Step 3: Remove the Zipper Pull.
- Step 4: Adjust the Zipper Pull.
- Step 5: Replace the Zipper Pull.
- Step 6: Replace the Tooth.
Can you add a zipper to a tote bag?
To add a zipper to a purchased or finished tote, baste one side to the bag and sew to within a half inch of the side seam. To sew the other side of the zipper, first attach it to the sewn side.