Rachel ~ A Crochet Doll To Love
Starting with Rachel, a delightful crochet doll, I’m introducing my brand new Tamingo Amigurumi Series. These cute crochet dolls are a mere 6.5u2033 tall, perfect for clutching in a little one’s hand and also prop nicely up in your office at work.
Getting Started will show basic stitches used in many patterns. Crochet Stitch Dictionary shows our growing collection of crochet stitch tutorials. Found links to stitches on the “Tutorial” menu:
How do you assemble crochet amigurumi?
Stitch with a whip
- Holding the two pieces together, insert the needle right.
- Go back down in the same hole you brought the yarn up.
- Draw the stitch tight.
- Repeat steps 2 – 4 all the way around your piece.
How do you prevent floppy head in amigurumi?
In amigurumi, how do you avoid a floppy head?
- Fill the head and body with firm stuffing.
- Start sewing the head and body together and finish about 2/3 of the seam.
- Add more stuffing between the head and the body.
- Finish the seam and you’re finished.
How do you attach a knitted head to a body?
How to Sew a Knitted Head to a Knitted Body
- Place a finished head and body on a flat surface or table.
- Insert a knitting needle through the center of the body and the center of the head.
- Push the head and body together.
- Insert the needle into the body and then the head and sew.
- Turn the body as you go.
Can you curl yarn?
Step 1: Wrap your yarn tightly around knitting needles or dowel rods, using a variety of sizes to achieve different curl sizes. Step 4: Place yarn-wrapped knitting needles and dowels on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
How do you sew two crochet pieces together?
Join yarn at one end where you want to create the seam. Chain one. * Insert your hook, front to back, through the next loop on the motif closest to you (assuming you want the seam at the front of the work).