No Sew Fleece Shawl Tutorial
How to make a shawl in minutes – without sewing! Cozy anti-pill fleece makes it quick and easy to put together, and it’s oh-so-soft. You could also use one of our heavenly soft Minky Fabrics, or any wide, no-fray fabric.
How do you make no sew fleece?
Blanket with No Sew Fleece
- Step 1: Pick a Print and a Contrasting or Matching Solid.
- Step 2: Line Up the Two Fabric Pieces.
- Step 3: Trim to the Same Size.
- Step 4: Cut Out the Corners.
- Step 5: Cut the Fringe.
- Step 6: Start Tying Knots.
- Step 7: Continue Around the Blanket.
How many yards of fabric do I need for a no sew fleece blanket?
For a baby blanket, you’ll need 1 yard of each fabric (for a total of 2 yards), 1 1/2 yards for a child’s blanket (for a total of 3 yards), and 2 yards for an adult-sized blanket (for a total of 4 yards).
How do you make a fleece blanket without ties?
steps to take:
- Stack your two pieces of fabric on top of each other and cut them to the same size.
- Cut a four-inch square out of each corner.
- Cut the edge into four-inch strips 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Make a one-inch cut in the center at the top end of each strip.
How big is a no-sew fleece blanket?
Step-by-step instructions for making a No-Sew Fleece blanket. Fleece comes in 60-inch widths, so your blanket should be around 60 x 60 (or longer), with the finished product being about 10-inches smaller than the fabric you started with.
How many yards of fleece do I need for a queen size tie blanket?
Furthermore, how many yards of fleece do I need for a queen size tie blanket? A bare minimum of 11 yards is required for a standard queen comforter measuring 90 inches wide by 95 inches long, but 12 yards is recommended to allow for straightening the fabric.
What is a good size for a fleece tie blanket?
Spread out 1.5-3 yards (2.3-2.7 meters) of each fleece (1.5 yards makes a nice throw, 2.5-3 yards (2.3-2.7 meters) makes a nice twin size blanket).
How long should a fleece scarf be?
How much fleece fabric do you need? Fleece usually comes 60″ wide from the fabric store, and you tell them the length you need. Each scarf requires 9″ of length, so figure accordingly – but keep in mind that you’ll need some extra for squaring up the fabric, so always add a few inches.
How do you make a fringed fleece scarf?
Scarf with Fringed Fleece
- Step 1: Cut the Fabric. Cut three pieces of fleece (one solid color and two patterned) measuring 50 inches long by 6 inches wide.
- Step 2: Layer the Fleece. Next, layer the fleece on top of each other like a sandwich.
- Step 3: Sew the Fleece.
How do you make an easy poncho?
- Step 1: Wash and dry your fabric.
- Step 3: Pin or clip along one of the perpendicular sides to the fold (not the opposite side).
- Step 4: Sew along that side, stopping 10 inches from the fold.
- Step 5: Fold the hem that you just sewed to one side of your seam.