How to Make a No Sew Fleece Scarf
The thicker the fleece, the less flexible it will be. 60 inches (152.4 cm) is a standard length for a scarf; 40 inches (102 cm) would be better for a child. Measure and cut the 5 inch (12.7 cm) strips every 1/2 inch (1.3 cm). This will complete the fringe and your no-sew fleece scarf.
How do you make a fringe fleece scarf?
Scarf with Fringed Fleece
- Step 1: Cut the Fabric. Cut three pieces of fleece (one solid color and two patterned) measuring 50 inches long by 6 inches wide.
- Step 2: Layer the Fleece. Next, layer the fleece on top of each other like a sandwich.
- Step 3: Sew the Fleece.
How wide should a fleece scarf be?
How much fleece fabric do you need? Fleece usually comes 60″ wide from the fabric store, and you tell them the length you need. Each scarf requires 9″ of length, so figure accordingly – but keep in mind that you’ll need some extra for squaring up the fabric, so always add a few inches.
How much fabric is needed for a scarf?
You’ll need 1 yard of 42u2032u2032 fabric for the adult size scarf, which will be folded in half at the top if you get it straight off the bolt. Cut along the fold line to get two pieces that are about 26u2032u2032 tall by 1 yard long.
How long should a scarf be?
A scarf is traditionally worn from tip to tip; to do so, hold your arms out so that the scarf reaches from your left to right finger; this scarf will be about 60″ long on average; most short scarves are 55″ long, medium scarves are 70″ long, and long scarves are 82″ long.
How do you make fringe for a scarf?
To make fringe, simply follow the steps below.
- Cut at one end.
- Fold the strands in half and pull through the scarf with a crochet hook, pulling through the loop to secure.
- Do this for the width of the scarf or wherever you want fringe.
How do you make no sew fleece?
Blanket with No Sew Fleece
- Step 1: Pick a Print and a Contrasting or Matching Solid.
- Step 2: Line Up the Two Fabric Pieces.
- Step 3: Trim to the Same Size.
- Step 4: Cut Out the Corners.
- Step 5: Cut the Fringe.
- Step 6: Start Tying Knots.
- Step 7: Continue Around the Blanket.
How do you make a winter scarf?
Here’s what you do if you like the scarf just the way it is.
- Fold one end of the scarf down about 14 inches and sew a stitch along the fold.
- Fold the same end down another 14 inches and sew a stitch along this second fold.
How much fabric do I need for a no sew fleece blanket?
You’ll need two 1 to 1 1/4 yard pieces of fleece, a pair of fabric scissors (or a rotary cutter – much easier! ), a cutting board (or some kind of cutting surface), and a ruler or straight-edge.
How much fabric do I need for a no sew blanket?
You’ll need 1 yard of each fabric for a baby blanket (for a total of 2 yards), 1 1/2 yards for a child’s blanket (for a total of 3 yards), and 2 yards for an adult-sized blanket (for a total of 4 yards).
How do you finish the edges of fleece blankets?
A fleece blanket can be finished with a simple folded hem, fringe added to the edges and tied into knots, or a braided edge created by weaving fringe loops around the blanket’s edges.