Back to school DIY Pencil Case with lining – Sewing Tutorial
Learn how to make a lining for a DIY pencil case. My daughters and I always label all of their school items together, but this year I suggested that we switch up our back to school tradition, and you should have seen their excitement!
Back to school DIY Pencil Case
Sewing pencil cases doesn’t take long, but because I was teaching them how to do it, it took a little longer. Emanuelle’s face lit up with delight each time she got to use the sewing machine; we sewed, laughed, and snacked on Bear Paws!
DIY Pencil Case Sewing Tutorial
It’s worth checking out! Lots of photos demonstrating the process. Steps 1-10: Pinning the fabric to the sewing machine. Leave an opening in the lining so you can flip it right side out.
Labeling school items
Mabel’s Labels are essential for back to school because they make labeling items quick and fun! My kids love them because seeing their names printed on labels is cool to them. The labels are waterproof, microwave-safe, and UV-resistant.
DIY Pencil Cases
I hope you and your children have enjoyed this year’s back to school season! If your children ask you to sew them a tote, I have a great tutorial for you. The triplet tote tutorial is another great sewing tutorial for beginners.
How do you make a simple pencil case?
To make a sandwich, place your Outer Fabric FACE DOWN on top.
- Undo the zip before you start sewing and pull it down a few cm.
- Now make your second Sandwich.
- Now pin around the rest of your edges.
- Now invert your Pencil case.
How do you make a pencil case without a sewing machine?
Pencil Case with No Sew
- Cut a 10u2032u2032 x 12u2032u2032 rectangle of duck cloth or other thicker fabric.
- Add a line of fabric glue along the hemmed edge, and press firmly onto the fabric portion of the zipper.
- After a couple of hours of drying time, carefully unzip the bag and turn inside out.
How do you make a pencil pouch with fabric?
Stitch the outer bag pieces together down the long side with a 14u201d seam allowance. Stitch the lining pieces together down the long side with a 14u201d seam allowance. Turn right side out so the Main fabric is on the outside and the Lining is on the inside, then press.
How do you make a pencil holder?
Paper Hexagonal Pen Holder in Bright Colors
- Step 1: Cut Paper. Cut six pieces of A4 or any size paper in six different colors.
- Step 2: Fold Paper.
- Step 3: Cut Insert.
- Step 4: Insert One End to Other.
- Step 5: Glue Them Together.
How do you make a cute and easy pencil case?
You’ll only need these cutting instructions if you don’t have a pencil case pattern:
- Step 1 u2013 Cut 2 Rectangles.
- Step 2 u2013 Attach Zipper To One Side.
- Step 3 u2013 Attach zipper to the other side of the diy pencil pouch.
- Step 4 u2013 Open the zipper.
- Step 5 u2013 How To Add A Pull.
- Step 6 u2013 Sew The Sides.
What do u put in a pencil case?
A: should always be included in everyone’s pencil case and school supplies list:
- A pencil, a pen, a pencil sharpener, an eraser, and a ruler