How to Make a Loop Closure With a Button for a Tote Bag
Only one button is required to make a button and loop closure for a tote bag, and unusual buttons can be found in antique stores. Show your fancy side by using an antique rhinestone button from an old evening suit.
Things You’ll Need:
1/4-inch-wide cord, 1/8-yard fabric, and thread; if you want to use a button without a shank, add a thread shank to your cord. Make a cord from the same fabric as the bag.
If your button’s shank is less than 1/4 inch long, use thinner cord or replace it with a 1/2-inch thread shank.
How do you sew a button closure pouch?
Closure pouch – how to sew a button
- Step 1: Make a pattern
- the most fun and customizable part of this is that you get to decide how big you want your bag to be, so take a moment to figure out how long and wide you want it to be.
- Step 2: Cut the fabric.
- Step 3: Attach the two pieces.
- Step 4: Finish the top.
- Step 5: Sew the bottom.
- Step 6: Add the closure.
How do you calculate box corners?
1. Decide on the size of the boxed corner you want.
- Our tutorial shows a 4u2032u2032 deep boxed corner.
- 2u2032u2032 is the size of the square that will be cut off of both bottom corners when you divide the desired 4u2032u2032 depth by 2.
How do I make a single hole button?
Simply follow the steps below:
- Double your thread and tie a knot at the ends.
- Place your button in the center of the button hole.
- Push your needle and thread through the underside of the fabric until it reaches the knot.