Citrus Holiday: Reversible Gift & Wine Bags
For the holiday season, we’re only giving away handmade gifts in honor of handmade gifts.
Sewing Tools You Need
For our Pop-Garden bags, we used Heather Bailey’s Pop Garden fabric and Joanna Gildernew’s Simplicity by Joachim Etzioni from Joanna Gildernew’s Simplicity by Joachim Etzioni from Joanna Gildernew’s Simplicity by Joachim Etzioni from Joanna Gildernew’s Simplicity by Joachim Etzioni from Joanna Gildernew’s Simplicity by Joachim Etzioni from
For the dishwasher’s dishwasher to fit inside, cut a rectangle 14u2033 x 29u2033 from both the main fabric and the liner fabric.
If your machine can produce an automatic buttonhole, use a 3/8 u2013 u00bd button with the buttonhole foot to create the buttonholes. Turn the main and liner bags inside out. Line up the top edges and side seams of the two bag pieces, and pin in place.
How many yards of fabric do I need for a tote bag?
1/2 yard cotton fabric, 1/2 yard complementary cotton fabric for inner lining, 1/2 yard heavy fusible interfacing, and 42″ of canvas strap are required.
How do you sew a bag with sides and bottoms?
Sewing a Bag with Sides and a Bottom: Steps
- Step 1: Pick your fabric.
- Step 2: Cut your fabric.
- Step 3: Sew the faces to the sides.
- Step 4: Sew the lining together.
- Step 5: Sew the straps.
- Step 6: Sew the lining to the fabric.
- Step 7: Sew the lining to the fabric.
How do you make a wine bag out of a sleeve?
An old shirt sleeve can be used to make a wine bottle bag.
- Step 1: Gather supplies. Recycled long sleeve button up shirt – I found one for 9 cents at my local thrift store!!
- Step 2: Cut Off the Shirt’s Sleeve.
- Step 3: Cut Circular Bottom.
- Step 4: Sew Bottom to the Sleeve.
- Step 5: Turn Right Side Out.
- Step 6: Add Wine.
How do you wrap a wine bottle?
Gather the towel’s four corners above the top of the bottle, smooth it up the bottle from the bottom to the neck, and tie the ribbon into a bow around the towel at the bottle’s neck. Fluff and tuck as desired, and you’re done.
How do you make a simple bag?
Cut another piece of fabric and sew the right and left sides of the two bag fabric pieces together.
- Wrap the cut piece around the top of the bag and pin it in place. Sew along the top of the piece, including the bag in your stitches, and then sew the bottom of the piece in the same way.
What is a standard tote bag size?
The average tote bag is about 13 x 15 inches in size, with a large opening that allows items to be easily retrieved and added to the bag. There are no zippers or buttons to close the bag; however, there are variations that include these features.