Ruffled No Sew Scarf
I pinned this scarf last year and finally got around to making it. Cut out as many 9 circles as you can from an old t-shirt or buy new. The larger the size, the more ruffles you will get. It took less than an hour to make and is super light weight so you can wear it into Spring and Summer.
How do you make a ruffle without sewing?
Run a basting stitch along the ruffle’s edge, pull up the gathers to fit the fabric you’re ruffling to, pin it, and then hand stitch it through both layers!
How do you make a ruffle edge?
- Determine the width of your ruffle.
- Cut out your ruffle pieces.
- Sew your ruffle pieces together on both ends with a seam.
- Sew a hem around the bottom of your ruffle pieces.
- Set your machine tension to the highest setting and change your stitch length to a gathering stitch.
How do you finish a ruffle edge?
Match the ends of the ruffle to the ends of your placement, adjust the ruffle gathers, and stitch in place. Turn under the ends of the ruffle and stitch in place to create a finished edge on both ends, or leave the ends raw if you’re using a raw-edge ruffle.
How do we fold the fabric when cutting?
Fold your fabric in half lengthwise so the two selvages meet; there should be no wrinkles in the fabric. Keep in mind that your fabric may not have been cut straight, so the tops may not meet perfectly.