DIY Easy home Craft Projects How To – Plastic Canvas Wind Spinners with Beads.
With summer approaching, I figured some of you might be interested in those whirlie-jigs made out of plastic canvas. You’ll need colored plastic canvas cut into piecies 3 holes wide and 33 holes long.
What thread do you use for plastic canvas?
Use a No. 18 blunt tapestry needle and sport-weight yarn, embroidery floss, #3 pearl cotton, or similar yarn to make a 10-mesh canvas.
How do you yarn a plastic canvas?
Pull the yarn or floss tight as you insert your needle and yarn through several completed stitches. Trim the yarn or floss as close to the canvas as possible to create a fringe edge.
- Pull the thread or yarn to the left side.
- Create a loop in the thread or yarn.
- Insert the needle through the top of the canvas at an edge hole.
How do you make a wind spinner out of aluminum cans?
Thread three beads onto the wire, then run the wire through the holes in both cans from bottom to top. Thread the remaining three beads onto the wire, then attach one of the soda can tabs to the end.
How do wind spinners work?
A garden spinner’s selling point is its simplicity, but don’t be fooled; these items are not static at all; they move with each blow of the wind, creating a flowing movement that could create a lively vibe around your home.
What can I make with plastic canvas?
Ideas for Plastic Canvas Gifts
- Plastic Canvas Cat and Basket Pin.
- Plastic Canvas Bunny Coasters.
- Plastic Canvas Patriotic Bookmark.
- Plastic Canvas Flamingo Pin.
- Halloween Ghost Door Hanger.
- Floral Clutch Plastic Canvas Pattern.
- Spirograph Necklace Plastic Canvas Tutorial.