How to Sew a Hidden Pocket in Pants
Follow these steps to learn how to cut, pin, and seam-stitch a pocket in pants, which can be used to hold extra money that you want to keep hidden. Use the same thread as the pants to help hide the fact that a pocket is stitched on the inside.
How do you put a hidden pocket in pants?
How to Create a Simple Hidden Pocket
- Step 1: Turn the garment inside out and place a scrap piece of material behind the existing hip pocket.
- Step 2: Trace the Outline of the Pocket onto the scrap material.
- Step 3: Sew the New Pocket Over the Existing Hip Pocket.
How do you make a hidden pocket?
Line up the pocket pieces, right where the seams are where they were attached to the skirt, and pin in place. (If you don’t need the pin, skip it.) Then fold up the side seams of the skirt, over the pocket.
How do you sew inside pockets?
- Fold your pocket fabric in half and cut two pocket pieces using your template as a guide.
- Mark Your Pocket Placement.
- Pin Your Pockets.
- Start Stitching.
- Turn Out Your Pockets.
- Pin and Sew the Side Seams.
What is the little pocket on men’s jeans for?
It’s a watch pocket, designed for men who wore pocket watches and needed a safe place to store them, though, as Levi’s points out, it’s also been used for condom storage and coin hoarding over the years.
How do you make a secret pocket in a school bag?
Place the new cloth pocket inside the pouch and line the hooking strips on the cloth to the latching pieces inside the bag, pressing the two together. Close the pouch’s zipper, and you’ve got a brand new secret compartment.
How do you fix a pocket in a gown?
How to make a dress with pockets
- Step 1: Choose a pocket pattern and size.
- Step 2: Determine your pocket placement.
- Step 3: Mark your pocket placement.
- Step 4: Cut out the pockets.
- Step 5: Open the side seam of your garment.
- Step 6: Stitch the pocket pieces on the side seam.
- Step 7: Press the pocket seams.
How do you sew a pocket side seam?
How to Add Side Seam Pockets (Nerdy Sewing Tips)
- Snip a small notch into the side seam of your main fabric (on each side of your front and back pieces) to mark the top of where your pocket will sit.
- Stitch the pocket pieces into place with a 3/8″ seam allowance.