DIY: Turn An Old T-Shirt Into Comfy Quarantine Shorts – With The LEAST Amount Of Sewing Humanly Possible
I turned some of John’s old t-shirts into “shorts” a year ago, and he raved about how comfortable they were before wearing them to death. The new design is far more durable, still as comfortable, and doesn’t look like a giant diaper.
Draw three lines with a ruler or straight edge: one from armpit to armpit, one an inch or two ABOVE that line, and one vertical line about 4 inches long in the bottom middle. Make sure the folded-over edge of your shirt is wide enough for elastic or drawstring. If you’re using elastic, remember to leave an open area in the waist channel; we’ll cut a slit later to add the drawstring.
How do you make shorts out of old T-shirts?
Begin by folding your shorts in half and placing them on your pattern paper. Trace around the shorts with your marker, making sure your lines aren’t perfectly straight because you’ll be adding your hem allowance later. Next, take your ruler and measure your desired hem allowance from the line.
How do you make shirts without sewing shorts?
Making pajama shorts out of a t-shirt
- Find a good-fitting t-shirt and lay it out flat.
- Trace around the edge of the shorts and cut along the traced line.
- Flip over the piece you just cut and lay it on the other side of the shirt to cut the second leg.
- Open the pieces up and pin the right sides together.
What to do with old shirts without sewing?
39 Ways to Repurpose T-Shirts
- No-Sew T- Shirt Scarf.
- No-Sew Headbands.
- Braided T- Shirt Belt.
- Ombre Four-Strand Head Wrap.
- DIY T- Shirt Infinity Scarf.
- Pretty T- Shirt Roses.
How do men get shorter?
Fold the waistband right sides together and stitch the short seam as shown below. Open up the shorts and sew the inseam as shown above. Cut your fabric; you’ll need:
- 2 mirrored shorts fronts
- 2 mirrored shorts backs
- 2 mirrored pockets
- 2 mirrored pocket facings
- 1 mirrored waistband cut on fold.
What can you make out of old shorts?
Make a denim fabric basket out of your old jeans. Make a pillow out of your old jeans. Make a textile denim cuff out of your old jeans.
How do you make tops out of shorts?
Part 1: Upcycling Shorts into a Crop Top
- Step 1: Remove the legs, waistband, and pockets.
- Step 2: Cut out the side seams and back armhole.
- Step 3: Sew the side seams.
- Step 4: Hem the back armholes.
- Step 5: Bind the neckline.
- Step 6: Make the straps.
- Step 7: Sew the straps to the back.
What can I make a Tshirt into?
Here are some great repurposing ideas for old t-shirts:
- Turn It Into a Workout Shirt.
- T-shirt Quilt.
- T-shirt Bag.
- Crochet Rug.
- Tie-Dye T-Shirt Headbands.
- T-Shirt Pom Poms.
- Baby Romper.
How can I make my old shirt stylish?
68 Ways to Refashion Your T-Shirts in a Fun and Flirty Way
- Make a skull cutout.
- Make a line of bows along the back of your T-shirt.
- Make a geometric design.
- Cut out a tree of life shape.
- Make a butterfly twist tee.
- Create a cool high-contrast look by layering.
How do you make old T-shirts?
Prepare your crafting scissors!
- Make baskets out of them.
- Give them to your dog.
- Make headbands out of them.
- Add some beads.
- Sew them into a quilt.
- Use them to hang your plants.
- Make bracelets out of them.
- Decorate your light fixtures.