How to Make a Pen Pocket for Your Journal
For the body of your pocket, cut two pieces of fabric according to your measurements; any type of fabric will do, but canvas, linen, or cotton will work best. It should be tall and wide enough to hold at least two pens; most pen pockets are a little shorter.
Sew from the top, hemmed edge of the front pocket all the way down to the bottom edge. Leave a gap for turning the fabric inside out. Use a matching thread color and u00bc-inch (0.64-centimeter) seam allowances when down sewing.
How do you make a fabric pen holder?
- Step 2: Hem All Edges. I folded each edge twice, 1/4-inch for each fold.
- Step 3: Form Pocket Section.
- Step 4: Sew Both Ends.
- Step 5: Sew Pockets.
- Step 6: Finished!
How do you make an elastic pocket?
Tutorial for Elastic Pockets
- Place the pieces right sides together and sew around with a 3/8u2032u2032 SA.
- Now stitch one end of the elastic right over the original stitch line on the side seam, just below the stitches across the top.
- Stitch again within the seam allowance to secure.
- Clip corners.
How do you make a pocket laptop cover?
How to sew the cover of your notebook:
- Fold over 1/4 inch hems on all edges of the pockets and press.
- Pin the pockets onto the right side of the OUTER COVER.
- Machine sew, close to the edges along three sides, leaving the top open to form the pocket.
How do you fix a pocket in a gown?
How to make a dress with pockets
- Step 1: Choose a pocket pattern and size.
- Step 2: Determine your pocket placement.
- Step 3: Mark your pocket placement.
- Step 4: Cut out the pockets.
- Step 5: Open the side seam of your garment.
- Step 6: Stitch the pocket pieces on the side seam.
- Step 7: Press the pocket seams.