How to Make an Upholstered Bullnose Cushion
Bullnose cushions are popular on boats. Draw a half circle at the leading widthwise edge of the foam with a compass. Trim the foam to the shape by shaving the foam away to create the curve or “bullnose” at the front of the cushion. Cut 2 identical pieces of fabric, leaving 1/2 inch seam allowance all the way around.
How do you make round seat cushion covers?
I cut out (2) two inch x 24 inch strips and used a 1/4 inch seam allowance to sew around the entire circle.
- Fold the ends in and iron for a finished look.
- Fold the bottom to the middle and iron
- Fold the top to the middle and iron.
- Fold the whole thing in half lengthwise and iron.
How do you sew a bag with sides and bottoms?
Sewing a Bag with Sides and a Bottom: Steps
- Step 1: Pick your fabric.
- Step 2: Cut your fabric.
- Step 3: Sew the faces to the sides.
- Step 4: Sew the lining together.
- Step 5: Sew the straps.
- Step 6: Sew the lining to the fabric.
- Step 7: Sew the lining to the fabric.
How do you upholster the corners of a seat?
Pull the “Y” flap straight over the corner and staple it securely. Pull each edge of fabric on each side of the corner straight over the seat cushion and staple each to the backside of the cushion. Repeat with each corner.
How do you upholster a seat cushion?
- Remove the Old Fabric. Turn the chair upside down and unscrew the seat from the frame with a drill or screwdriver.
- Center Your Pattern.
- Cut the New Seat Cover.
- Attach the Fabric to the Seat.
- Complete the Corners.
- Attach the Welt (optional)
- Reattach the Seat.
How do you sew a zipper into a round cushion?
- Cut the strip segment in half lengthwise.
- Right sides together, align the outside edges of one half to the zipper, and sew the zipper to the first half with a zipper foot.
- Lay the second fabric half on top, right sides together, aligning with the other edge of the zipper, and sew another seam.