How to Sew Easy, Removable Pillow Covers
I wanted removable pillow covers but didn’t want to do buttonholes, so I used a simple ‘flap’ technique where the back is made up of overlapping flaps that allow you to take the pillow in and out while still covering it.
How do you cover a no sew pillow?
How to Make a Pillow Cover That Doesn’t Need to Be Sewn
- Measure and cut fabric three times the width and two times the height of the pillow form (Images 1 and 2).
- Cover Pillow Form. Place the pillow form in the middle of the fabric piece and fold the fabric in half to completely cover it (Images 1 and 2).
How do you make a pillowcase step by step?
- Place your cuff fabric right side up on your work surface.
- Roll Up the Main Fabric.
- Fold Up the Cuff Fabric.
- Sew the Raw Edges.
- Unroll and Press.
- Trim to Size.
- Finish the Pillowcase.
- Trap the Raw Edges.
How do you sew a pillowcase by hand?
The contents are hidden.
- 2.1 Step 1: Select Fabric.
- 2.2 Step 2: Cut Fabric.
- 2.3 Step 3: Fold Fabric.
- 2.4 Step 4: Pin (Font and Back) Sides Together.
- 2.5 Step 5: Sew.
- 2.6 Step 6: Cut Off Thread.
- 2.7 Step 7: Insert Pillow.
How much fabric do I need to make a pillowcase?
A finished standard pillowcase should measure about 22.5 inches by 31.5 inches, allowing for fill depth, seaming, and a 4-inch hem. If the fabric is preshrunk, one yard of 45-inch-wide fabric should be enough to make one standard case.
How do you make a 16 pillow cover?
Sewing a Pillow Cover for a 16-by-16-Inch Pillow Form
- Begin by locating or purchasing a 16-inch-by-16-inch pillow form.
- Cut a 16-inch-by-16-inch piece of fabric.
- Cut two more 16-inch-by-11-inch pieces of fabric.
- Fold one long end of each back panel over an approximate quarter-inch.
- Stitch the little folds down from the above picture.
How much should an envelope pillow overlap?
Basic Instructions: When finished, the ends will overlap approximately 3u2032u2032 at the back to ensure that the pillow form is hidden when the pillow cover is in place. To calculate the fabric measurement, measure your pillow insert.
How do you make a simple cushion cover?
- Cut a square of paper the same size as your cushion pad.
- Iron your fabric thoroughly before cutting it to remove any creases.
- Look over the fabric’s pattern and choose a section you like for the front of the cushion.
How do you make homemade pillows?
- Step 1: Cut Fabric. You can use ANYTHING.
- Step 2: Trim! (optional)
- Step 3: Pin Your Seams! WITH Trim: ( LESS EASY)
- Step 4: SEW. Sew the edges of your pillow.
- Step 5: Stuff Your Pillow! Remove all pins.
- Step 6: Finish Sewing.
- Step 7: THROW!