- Remove the parts for the waistband.
- The length of the waistband is calculated by taking the top edge of the skirt piece and adding 1 inch for the seam allowance.
- If you want an overlap for attaching fasteners such as hooks, buttons, etc., you should add an additional 1 inch.
- The width of the cloth piece should be 4 1/4 inches for a waistline that is 1.5 inches.
- Attach the interfacing to the wrong side of the waistband piece, and then adhere the waistband piece to itself.
How do you make a skirt with variegated yarn?
After threading the elastic through the waistband and slightly overlapping its ends, stitch the elastic into a circular form. Attach the elastic to a safety pin and then thread it through the waistband. Finish up the waistband by sewing it shut, and then flip the skirt inside out so that the correct side is facing out. A beautiful skirt may be created with variegated yarn.
How do you knit a skirt step by step?
- Knit a swatch to check the gauge.
- Your hip circumference should be measured around the fullest portion of your hips, and the result should be rounded up to the nearest inch.
- Cast on the number of stitches according to the number of rows you just determined
- Knit a garter stitch border along the bottom two inches of your skirt
- Establish the contour of the skirt’s waist