Make use of the long-tail cast-on technique in order to learn how to knit a circle scarf. After you have attached the slip knot to the knitting needles, put your left thumb and index finger between the two strands of yarn. Continue to wrap the yarn with the remaining fingers on your hand.
What size needle do I need to make a scarf?
Make sure you are using a very long circular needle. If you use a needle that is too small, you will only be able to knit a cowl, which is a shorter version of an infinity scarf, but you won’t be able to wrap it around your neck more than once. The size of the needle need to be at least 4 mm or 6 US and higher. Pick the type of stitch and the design that appeals to you the most.
How do you knit a scarf step by step?
You decide which pattern you use and which stitch. Make sure you are using a very long circular needle. Pick the type of stitch and the design that appeals to you the most. Determine the length of the scarf. Put in place. Knit in a continuous circular motion. Carry on knitting until it reaches the desired height, whichever comes first.
How to knit circular needles?
When using circular needles, you must continue knitting in the same way around the circle in order to work rounds. There is no need for you to flip over your work. Knit in the round using circular needles by working across the rows in a back-and-forth motion and turning your work after each row.
How do you increase the size of a knitted circle?
- Bringing More People Into the Circle Split the 12 stitches up between the three needles with double-pointed tips.
- Set the needles up in the shape of a triangle.
- Knit each of the 12 stitches that are now being held by the needles.
- Knit the front and back of the piece, then increase by knitting one stitch across the row.
- Knit each of the stitches across the row.
- Increase the circumference of the circle by knitting additional rows in between each existing row.