- Make sure there isn’t any twisting in the neckband by giving it a quick check.
- After attaching the band to the shirt in the middle of the back, carefully stretch the neckband until it is flush with the neckline, and then pin the two together at regular intervals down the length.
- You are going to stitch the band and the shirt together, beginning on one side of the V, and continuing all the way around the neckline.
How to bind a knitted top with a neckband?
- A neckband is stitched onto the knitted top with a printed design.
- The second shirt, which is striped, has a binding at the neck.
- Remember that you are working with stretchy materials for these finishes, and keep that in mind as you work.
1.When working with lightweight fabrics or fabrics with stripes, cut the binding so that it is 1 1/2 inches wide on the cross-grain or the bias.When working with heavier materials, trim the binding to a width of around 2 inches.
How do you Mark Center stitches on a V neck?
- Make a mark with a hanging marker on the stitch that is located at the bottom center of the V-neck.
- Our Split Ring Markers are quite useful for this purpose, and you can see Julie using one of these markers in the video.
- Count the number of stitches that lie between the beginning of the round at the left shoulder and the center stitch that has been designated, and decide whether or not this number is an odd or even number.
What do the instructions on the neckband instructions mean?
The instructions for the neckband may indicate a specific number of stitches to pick up for each section, or they may indicate how many stitches to pick up in total, along with some suggested pick-up ratios in each section to help you hit the target number. Alternatively, the instructions may indicate how many stitches to pick up in total.
How do you finish a V-neck in knitting?
Ribbing is used for the finishing of a V-neck.
- Pick up Neckline Stitches. To begin, you will need to pick up the stitches around the neckline and knit one round, commencing at the join for the left shoulder and back.
- Put a mark in the center of the stitch. Make a mark with a hanging marker on the stitch that is located at the bottom center of the V-neck
- Knit a round using rib stitch.
- Decrease with a Miter at the Center