How to Make an Easy Cover for a Bedroom Clothes Rack – The Boondocks Blog
This DIY clothes rack with cover will keep your clothes clean and dust-free while also making your room look more organized. It was my last project from my apartment in Greece when I returned to the United States.
Materials I Used to Make a Clothing Rack Cover:
6 pairs of Ikea EKBY brackets. 3 flat white sheets left over from Ikea cardboard boxes. Contact paper in walnut and white for stapler contact. I bought the aluminum rack at an Ikea store.
How to Make a Garment Rack Cover:
Instead, I added six sets of Ikea shelf brackets, which I topped with repurposed kitchen cabinet sheets stapled to the brackets.
The Finished Bedroom
I hope you enjoyed my post on how to hide your clothes with this easy DIY clothes rack coveru2026 or how to avoid airing your dirty laundry, and now we can finally move on to all of the projects I have here in New York!
What can I use to cover shelves?
Paint some canvas squares and hang them so they perfectly cover the shelving spaces, then lift them out of the way when you need to get to the shelf.
Is it cheaper to build your own shelves?
DIY Pros and Cons Building your own garage shelves can be beneficial for some people, but it may not be the best option in every situation. Lower Cost u2013 Buying the materials for your garage shelves should be less expensive than buying prefabricated shelves u2013 just make sure you do everything correctly the first time.
How do you cover shelves with fabric?
- Cut a piece of fabric large enough to cover your shelf plus half an inch on the ends.
- Apply a layer of Mod Podge Matte to one side of your shelf.
- Apply Mod Podge to the front edge of the shelf and fold the fabric over it, smoothing it into place.
What can I do with old wire shelves?
- Turned upside down, wire shelving makes a great shoe rack.
- Hang cleaning supplies.
- Remove a wire or two to make room for the end of a drill.
- Fitting the blade of a circular saw through the wires keeps it upright.
- Wire shelves make great wood storage shelving.
- Wire shelving for rakes and shovels.
How can I make my metal shelves look good?
Industrial Shelves: How to Style Them
- Layer objects.
- Decorate with objects that also serve as storage.
- Focus on the rule of threes.
- Vary heights.
- Don’t be afraid of blank space.
What can I use instead of shelf liner?
Drawer and Cabinet Liners Made at Home
- Wax paper
- wrapping paper
- extra rolls of wallpaper
- leftover linoleum flooring sheets
- starched remnants of fabric
How do I make my shelves less cluttered?
To show off your skills, go to:
- Create small vignettes.
- Leave some empty space.
- Think about your books.
- Put the items you don’t use every day on top.
- Pick a color scheme for your storage.
- Put the largest and heaviest storage vessels on the bottom.
How do you hide clutter quickly?
Use These 17 Hidden Storage Ideas to Hide Your Clutter
- Hide Electronics Cords | Fresh Crush.
- Hide Behind A Curtain | Plumberry Pie.
- Conceal With a Tablecloth | ECAB.
- Tidy Bookshelves | Better Homes and Gardens.
- Organize Cables | One Crazy House.
- DIY Charging Station | One Good Thing by Jillee.
- Hide Electronics Cords | Fresh Crush.
- Hide Behind A Tablecloth | ECAB.
What is the cheapest wood for shelves?
What is the most affordable wood for shelves?
- Pine is one of the most affordable and popular softwoods on the market.
- Plywood is another good option for people who want to make their own shelves.
- Cherry is a hardwood that is lightweight and easy to work with.
- Red Oak.
How do you make cheap bookshelves look expensive?
How to Make Low-Cost Bookcases Look Expensive
- Purchase some manufactured wood bookcases from a big box store or a big hardware store.
- Assemble the bookcases but leave the back panel off.
- Add design impact by replacing the back panel with bead board.
- Paint two cheap bookcases side by side.
How thick should Wood be for shelves?
Thick Wood Bookshelves Use 3/4-inch thick materials for shelves and bookcase structure; if you’re using hardwood solids, go up to 1 1/4 inch for almost unlimited support. This type of shelf resembles a mantel and is more expensive, but it adds the opulent look of craftsmanship.
How do you cover open shelves in a garage?
Look for items around your house that you can repurpose in the garage for a cost-effective solution.
- Consider hanging inexpensive or discarded curtain panels from the ceiling in front of shelving units to hide messy garage shelving from public view.
- Shower Curtains.
- Waterproof Sheeting.
- Tarp Walls.
How do you decoupage a bookcase?
- Place your bookshelf on top of a drop cloth or a large piece of protective plastic film.
- Mix a solution of mild dish soap and warm water.
- Cover the bookshelf with two coats of latex paint if the color is not to your liking.