Common Sewing Machine Problems | Brother
If the needle threader’s hook is bent, do not use these needles; Singer and butterfly needles are incompatible; brother recommends Organ or Schmetz needles. For more information, contact your dealer or use the dealer locator to find a repair center near you.
Why wont my needle go up and down on my sewing machine?
The needle may not move due to a disengaged clutch, a broken drive belt, or internal drive gear failure. If the needle will not move with the clutch engaged, unplug the sewing machine and check the drive belt.
How do you change the needle position on a Brother sewing machine?
The needle position can be changed in the straight stitch (left needle position) and the triple stretch stitch by pressing the plus ( ) side of the stitch width adjustment key, which moves the needle to the right, and the minus (-) side of the stitch width adjustment key, which moves the needle to the left.
Why is My Brother sewing machine not picking up bobbin thread?
– Check to see if your thread is caught between the needle and the spool of thread; if so, your thread will be too tight for the needle to pick up the bobbin thread. – Check to see if the needle is installed correctly; the flat side of the needle should face the back of the machine.
What tension should my sewing machine be on?
So we’ll just talk about the top thread tension because that’s where you’d usually make the adjustments: the dial settings range from 0 to 9, with 4.5 being the ‘default’ setting for normal straight-stitch sewing and most fabrics.
Does the bobbin thread go through the needle?
Pass the bobbin thread through the slot. Do not cut the thread with the cutter. Press ( Needle position button) twice to lower and then raise the needle while lightly holding the upper thread with your left hand.
Why is my sewing machine needle hitting the plate?
The needle is not properly installed; check that the flat spot of the needle faces the back of the machine; if the needle is bent, replace it with a new needle.
Why won’t my thread stay in my needle?
If the tension on the top thread is too high or low, the machine will frequently unthread; check the tension on the thread and, if your stitches are loose, tighten the thread a little; this is probably the most common cause of the thread jumping out of the needle.
Why does my needle keep hitting the bobbin case?
Why does it happen? If the needle hits the bobbin case, the tip of the needle may break. This usually happens when the bobbin case is not placed correctly, and you may fail to put the bobbin case back into its original alignment after cleaning your sewing machine. You also need to understand your sewing machine’s bobbin system.
How do you adjust the presser foot on a Brother sewing machine?
How do I change the pressure on the presser foot?
- Lower the presser foot lever to lower the presser foot.
- Turn the presser foot pressure dial at the back of the machine to adjust the presser foot pressure. – The presser foot pressure can be set to one of four levels (between 1 and 4).
- Reset the dial to 3 (standard) when you are finished sewing.
How do I change the needle on my brother lx2500?
How to replace or change the needle
- Turn the machine off.
- Raise the needle to its highest position by turning the handwheel away from you (counterclockwise).
- Lower the presser foot lever.
- Hold the needle with your left hand, and then use an oval screwdriver to remove the needle by turning the needle clamp screw counterclockwise.
What is wrong with my bobbin thread?
If the thread is not smooth, uneven, has knots, or is very loose on the bobbin, it has not been threaded correctly. Another thing to check is whether the bobbin is inserted correctly in the bobbin case.