How to Turn a Blanket Into a Coat
Cut the blanket in half widthwise and pin a u00bd-inch (1.27-centimeter) wide double-fold bias tape along the raw edge of each half, nestled right against the fold.
Sew as close to the inside edge of the bias tape as possible, or fold it into ovals for a fancier finish. Cut the blanket in half lengthwise, with the raw edge on one side and the finished edge on the other.
How do you make a quilt into a jacket?
Lay out your quilt, pin down the pattern pieces, and cut out all pieces for your coat with your fabric scissors, referring to the cutting layout of your pattern to ensure you have it right before you cut! Follow the coat pattern sewing instructions.
What is a blanket coat?
mackinaw is a heavy short coat made of blanket material.
How do you make a no sew blanket?
Blanket with No Sew Fleece
- Step 1: Pick a Print and a Contrasting or Matching Solid.
- Step 2: Line Up the Two Fabric Pieces.
- Step 3: Trim to the Same Size.
- Step 4: Cut Out the Corners.
- Step 5: Cut the Fringe.
- Step 6: Start Tying Knots.
- Step 7: Continue Around the Blanket.