Pillowcase Dress Tutorial – Dress A Girl Around the World Sew-A-Long
I’ve created a printable pattern for the Dress A Girl Around the World Sew-A-Long. The dress is approximately 22 inches long (from neck casing to hem) and can easily be lengthened or shortened. Download and print pattern HERE. Instructions for making the elastic casing, and instructions for pressing the hem creases.
How do you make a no sew pillowcase dress?
How to Make a Pillowcase Dress with No Sewing:
- Step 1: Make the armhole seams by laying out your bandanna wrong side up.
- Step 2: Make the neckline casing.
- Step 3: Side seams.
- Step 4: Attach the shoulder ties with ribbon.
How do you make a pillowcase with flap?
How to make a pillowcase with an inner flap (tutorial)
- Pin the front and back together on one short side.
- Sew them together using a 3/8u2032u2032 (1cm) seam allowance.
- Finish the seam with a serger machine (pro method).
How do you make a pillowcase step by step?
- Place your cuff fabric right side up on your work surface.
- Roll Up the Main Fabric.
- Fold Up the Cuff Fabric.
- Sew the Raw Edges.
- Unroll and Press.
- Trim to Size.
- Finish the Pillowcase.
- Trap the Raw Edges.
What is a pillow case dress?
Pillowcase dresses were designed to be a kind of “one size fits all” type dress for little girls because of the way they’re made (loose-fitting and gathered around the neckline). They’ll “grow” with the girl, eventually becoming more of a top than a dress.
How do you sew a ruffle?
- Determine the width of your ruffle.
- Cut out your ruffle pieces.
- Sew your ruffle pieces together on both ends with a seam.
- Sew a hem around the bottom of your ruffle pieces.
- Set your machine tension to the highest setting and change your stitch length to a gathering stitch.
How do you make a ruffle trim?
Making Ruffled Trim (Photo Tutorial)
- Step 1: Cut and prepare fabric.
- Step 2: Overlock/Serger Rolled Hem the Edges.
- Step 3: Add a Basting Stitch to the Fabric’s Center.
- Step 4: Pull in Basting Stitch to Create Gathers.
How much material do you need to make a pillowcase?
A finished standard pillowcase should measure about 22.5 inches by 31.5 inches, allowing for fill depth, seaming, and a 4-inch hem. If the fabric is preshrunk, one yard of 45-inch-wide fabric should be enough to make one standard case.
How do we fold the fabric when cutting?
Fold your fabric in half lengthwise so the two selvages meet; there should be no wrinkles in the fabric. Keep in mind that your fabric may not have been cut straight, so the tops may not meet perfectly.