Why you should Sew your own T-shirts – The Sewing Rabbit
For years, I avoided sewing these pattern basics like the plague. Why sew something that costs less to buy? And that’s before you consider the time it takes to sew. Now, before I get started, I’m not knocking store bought t-shirts. They’re arguably the most versatile and frequently worn item you can make.
Why you should sew your own t-shirts.
Sewing a t-shirt can help you learn about different types of knit fabrics and their associated knit stitches. The more you sew with knits, the easier it becomes to learn how to work with them. We take great pains to care for our hand sewn item. Handmade clothes hang in my closet a heck of a lot longer than store bought clothes.
In summation, why should you sew your own t-shirts?
It turns you into a bad a** rocking llama mamma who walks down the street with swagger and style, while also being budget conscious and environmentally conscious. So why confine all of that awesomeness to only formal occasions?
For resources to make your own t-shirts, including various women’s patterns and more, see below:
Union St. Tee, Hey June, and How to Sew Your T-shirt by Joanna Lumley for September 2015. Thanks to Liesl Co. Union St. Tee, Hey June, and How to Sew Your T-shirt by Joanna Lumley for September 2015.
What can I do with a plain white T-shirt?
A plain white tee can be transformed into modern, stylish everyday wear in ten different ways.
- Look No. T-shirt turned dress.
- Look No. T-shirt turned mini.
- Look No. Add button tabs to sleeves.
- Look No. Wrap it around u2013 instant skirt.
- Look No. Metallic watercolor fabric paint.
How do you make a white shirt look cute?
29 Different Ways to Wear That Plain White T-Shirt in the Back of Your Closet
- Play with length: Wear a Cropped T-Shirt with a Long Skirt and Blazer.
- Tuck It Into a Cute Leather Miniskirt.
- Pair It With Shorts and Lace-Up Espadrilles.
- Wear It With a Vibrant Jacket and Statement Purse.
Is it OK to wear a plain white T-shirt?
Yes, it’s totally acceptable; it’s one of the most basic and basic outfits there is, but because it’s so basic, anyone can wear it and look good in it. A white t-shirt is a fashion staple and a super easy color to pair with outfits due to its neutrality and high color pairing versatility.
How do you spice up a plain white shirt?
- 10 Ways to Wear a White T-Shirt.
- Pair It with a Skirt.
- Add a Patterned Blazer.
- Wear It Under a Dress or Jumpsuit.
- Go Classic with Wide Leg Dress Pants White Trainers.
How can I improve my plain T-shirt?
Prepare to have all of your friends and family begging you to change their shirts as well!
- 1 USE FABRIC DYE. You can use fabric dye to turn a plain t-shirt into a statement t-shirt. 2 SCISSORS. 3 CREATE A STUDDED TEE. 4 BLEACHED DESIGNS. 5 ADD A COLLAR.
- 6 SLASH A V-NECK.
- 7 NEW SLEEVES.
- 8 ADD RUFFLES.
How can I make a plain T-shirt more interesting?
68 Ways to Refashion Your T-Shirts in a Fun and Flirty Way
- Make a skull cutout.
- Make a line of bows along the back of your T-shirt.
- Make a geometric design.
- Cut out a tree of life shape.
- Make a butterfly twist tee.
- Create a cool high-contrast look by layering.
What looks good with white shirt?
10 ways to wear a stylish white shirt this summer
- Wear with a neutral suit.
- Pair with cycling shorts.
- Layer over a slip dress.
- Pair with a printed midi skirt.
- Add over a swimsuit.
- Pair with denim.
- Tuck into wide leg trousers.
How do you wear an oversized white shirt?
Wear a baggy tee over a knit dress and under a crop top for a cool, fun look; balance a large tee with tight leggings and pull the look together with an oversize blazer; and play with layering techniques by wearing a baggy tee over a knit dress and under a crop top for a cool, fun look.
How do you wear a white shirt without it being see through?
Wear a neutral colored bra underneath a white shirt, or if the shirt is thin, a camisole; you can also wear it with a neutral colored top underneath.
- Wear a tank top underneath it.
- Wear a white bra.
- Tye dye it.
- If you’re worried about people seeing your non-white bra, don’t wear it.
What are the best plain white T shirts?
The following is a ranking of the best white T-shirts for men that we tested:
- Mack Weldon: Pima Crew Neck T-Shirt.
- Gildan: Men’s Crew T-Shirt.
- The Row: Ed Cotton-Jersey T-Shirt.
- Amazon: Amazon Essentials Men’s 6-Pack Crewneck Undershirts.
- Gap: Classic T-Shirt.
- Hanes: Tagless Crew Neck T-Shirt.
Should you tuck in your T-shirt?
When should you tuck in your shirt? Shirts with a flat bottom hem should be worn untucked; however, if the shirt has visible “tails” u2014 that is, the hem varies in length rather than being even all the way around u2014 it should always be tucked in.
How do you wear a white shirt with av neck?
For a stylish and laid-back look, pair a white v-neck t-shirt with blue boyfriend jeans, and add white and black leather pumps to the mix. If the setting allows off-duty dressing, pair a white v-neck t-shirt with blue ripped skinny jeans.
How should a woman dress up a shirt?
15 Adorable Ways to Dress Up a T-Shirt for Work
- 1 Add a Cardigan, Striped Pants, and Fun Flats.
- 2 Add a Denim Jacket, Pencil Skirt, and Printed Pumps.
- 3 Add a Spaghetti-Strap Dress and Tennis Shoes.
- 4 Add a Shirt Dress and Espadrilles.